Ibanez AF55L Artcore Left Handed Hollow Body Electric Guitar - Tobacco Flat
If you want a hollowbody electric guitar with classic looks and premium modern touches - all for a song - then take a good look at the Ibanez AF55.
This beautiful instrument features an Artcore AF mahogany set neck and maple top, back, and sides, vintage-style F-holes, and an old-school look with modern tonal expressiveness. One particularly classy touch is the AF55's bound rosewood fingerboard. Loaded with a pair of warm-sounding, balanced Infinity R humbuckers, the Ibanez AF55 left-handed hollowbody is ready to plug in and let loose.
Classic hollowbody design and tonewoods
In true hollowbody fashion, the Ibanez AF55 is completely hollow, and its top, back, and sides are made of sonically bright, toneful maple. A set-in mahogany neck and bound rosewood fretboard contribute to the excellent playability of the AF55. String vibrations are transferred faithfully from the rosewood base of the ART-ST bridge to the carved maple top for optimal sound. At every point in the Ibanez AF55 build process, premium tonewoods are used to create the best-sounding guitar possible.
Humbuckers capture resonance without the 60-cycle hum
Early hollowbody and semi-hollowbody electric guitars had a wonderfully expressive tone that came with serious hum issues. That's why Ibanez and other guitar makers have developed special humbuckers, such as the Infinity R series models. These special humbuckers preserve your AF55 hollowbody guitar's bite while ditching the 60Hz hum and other noise. What's more, Infinity R humbuckers give the AF55 a unique musical character that you're sure to have fun with. The AF55's passive pickups use ceramic magnets for that sweet, singing tone associated with hollowbody guitars.
Well suited for just about any gig
Hollowbody guitars are used in many different styles of music. The AF55 is great for jazz, rockabilly, and myriad other genres. Hollowbodies have even been used in rock 'n' roll, fusion, and country bands.
- Traditional hollowbody design for fat tone
- Maple top, back, and sides offer classic hollowbody sounds and visual appeal
- Smooth-playing Artcore AF mahogany set-in neck is comfortable and speedy
- Bound rosewood fingerboard with 20 medium frets and pearl block inlays plays and looks great
- Perfect for a wide range of musical styles and playing techniques
- Warm tones from a pair of Infinity R humbuckers
- Number of Strings 6
- Left-/Right-handed Left-handed
- Body Type: Hollowbody Body Shape AF Singlecut Body Material Sapele Top Material Sapele Body Finish Satin Polyurethane
- Color: Tobacco Fade
- Neck Material: Nyatoh
- Neck Shape: AF Artcore
- Fingerboard Material: Laurel
- Fingerboard Inlay: White dots
- Number of Frets: 20, medium frets
- Scale Length: 24.7"
- Nut Width: 1.692"
- Hardware Bridge/Tailpiece: ART-ST bridge with VT06 trapeze style tailpiece
- Tuners: Ibanez tuners
- Neck Pickup: Infinity R Ceramic Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Infinity R Ceramic Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings: .010-.052