NUX Horseman Overdrive Pedal
One of the most sought-after dual overdrive pedals produced in the mid '90s is now in one unique pedal design-with a pocket size. NUX NOD-1 Horseman pays homage to the legendary Centaur pedal.
There are 3 dials for primary settings and 2 modes: Gold and Silver, and it offers massive headway usually requiring an 18v input.
Gold Mode mimics its classic predecessor; the transparent Gold Centaur overdrive pedal and the Silver Mode is a powered-up version with an extended gain range (Silver Centaur).
NUX Unique Design
The sound is based on the Centaur's voltage converter circuit. But the Horseman's characteristic design is crafted with a built-in OP-AMP voltage-converter driving the 18V to OP-AMP. Higher voltage-supply orders-up more harmonics, and convincingly reproduces the sound of this unique pedal.
Another "classic" way to use the NUX Horseman. Very useful when used in combination with the amplifiers drive channel (or any other drive pedal). And, depending on the Gain - Output adjustment, it lets the Horseman be used as a clean boost. Dial-up a low-gain with a high output setting, and it adds mostly volume and minimal color to your sound.
Additionally, the controls can be set to distort the sound signal in the pedal, where two Schottky diodes can perform a waveform clipping. ( The germanium diodes are discontinued, we especially select the Schottky diodes to replicate the waveform clipping ) The "gain" knob is a double potentiometer (a "dual-ganged gain pot"), which controls bass and middle frequencies. Treble and volume are each controlled with separate knobs.
- Overdrive effect pedal with 2 working modes: Gold mode(mimic of the classic gold centaur overdrive pedal); silver mode(a powered version with an extended gain ).
- 3 control buttons: TREBLE(adjusts the high frequency level to make the sound dark or bright), OUTPUT(adjusts the output level), GAIN(adjusts overdrive effect under the gold mode; adjusts near-distortion effect under silver mode).
- Has optional True Bypass/ Buffer Bypass modes for running the pedal. Push and hold the footswitch and power up the pedal to select the True(Red LED indicator) or Buffer(Green LED indicator) bypass mode.
- Crafted with a built-in -AMP voltage-converter driving the 18V to -AMP. Higher voltage-supply orders-up more harmonious and more various sound effects.
- The Horseman can be used as a boost via the gain and output controls. Dial-up a low-gain with a high output setting, and it adds mostly volume and minimal color to your sound.