- Direct box for electric guitar with gain/tone controls and Cab Sim
- Powered by phantom power, or 9V power supply/battery (sold separately)
- Allows you to plug your electric guitar directly into a mixing board via XLR cable
- Gain control ranges from clean to overdrive
- Full Range Flat Response mode is optimized for acoustic-electric guitar and keyboards
Quilter Phantom Block Phantom Powered Electric Guitar Interface
Ever arrive at a session only to find your amp is dead, or maybe it’s a “silent stage” with no amps allowed? Acoustic players can plug straight in, but electric guitars need a purpose-built direct interface. The Quilter Phantom Block provides the correct input impedance, gain, tone and overdrive that the electric guitar needs to sound its best. This simple low-cost device gives you the key creative controls you need at your fingertips, and should be in every gig bag as a backup solution.
The Phantom Block runs on 48V phantom power via the XLR output, external 9V pedal power, or you can install a 9V battery that will run about 100 hours. The high impedance input gets optimum tone from standard passive pickups, the Gain goes from clean to overdrive, a wide range Tone covers the most popular sounds, and the Master adjusts overall output level. Switchable Cab Sim warms up the sound of the electric guitar, while FR suits other devices such as acoustic guitar and keyboards.